Local experts are conducting a forum on Healthcare Reform today at the Barkley Academy in Oxnard. If you would like a phone interview with Griff Barkley or Ed McClements please contact Wendy L. Hedge at email@example.com or call her directly 805-483-1995.
Here’s the information:
TOPIC: Health Care Reform Update
When: Thursday, June 26, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Where: Heritage Square Hall, 731 South “A” Street, Oxnard, CA 93030
Presenters: Ed McClements, Jr., Senior Vice President Benefits Barkley Insurance & Risk Management
Health Care Reform continues to take twists and turns on its road to full enactment by January 1, 2015. This presentation will give an update to the recent regulatory changes and deadline push backs. Most importantly, it will focus on the creative strategies for large employers (who face “Play or Pay” penalties).
Through Barkley’s research, we believe a viable option exists for coverage as low as $100 per employee per month. We will discuss this in detail during our Barkley Academy.
Some of the other critical topics we will cover:
- What is the latest on an employer’s health plan reporting requirements (what is known about the IRS and the new “1095-C”)?
- Does the additional delay of the employer mandate (for medium-sized employers) impact your business?
- What’s the latest in benefit plan development from WGAT and United Ag?
- What are OTHER employers (including FLC’s) starting to DO in response to the need for ACA compliance?
- What technology solutions are available to ease employer burdens in regards to compliance?